DeVilbiss CM-501 spray gun

-

RogerK

Reaction score
I picked up one of these used today to practice on some spare parts. Anyone know anything about this model spray gun? It is very clean outside and inside the cup and may need some cleaning of the internal parts not knowing what it was used to spray.

My thinking is to use this gun for primer. Any thoughts? :cheers:

Depends what kinda primer you wanna use with the tip size the gun has. If u take the cap off...the tip should have the size stamped in it. 1.4 is pretty common. Smaller are good for base coats and thinner viscosity coatings. Larger are good for fill primer surfaces. I paint every day and use devilbiss guns. I love them. I m not sure which model you have but chances are that its a good gun. Good luck

I haven't taken the cap off but stamped on the outside is "no 39". I'll check tomorrow under the cap for the size. I can't find a model number, only
"Type CM-501". It's a siphon feed bottom cup gun.

Those usually make good primer guns. Depending on tip size. I have sprayed heavy fill primer thru a 1.4 . Such as featherfill. Granted it doesn't t go on as easy as it would with a larger tip but it will work.

-
Back