diagram help

-

clairday modtop

there's no car like mopar
Reaction score
ok. im looking at the diagram to wire my motor and all is good untill i see two. whitch one do i use? and if its the one with the drown and the blue wires then what wire do i splice into.

004 (3).jpg

003 (3).jpg

4PIN.JPG

The first photo is your wiper motor resistor, the second is the one you want to tie into. As for which wire to splice into, you will need to test which one is live in the run position (if I remember correctly). Someone will chime in shortly to get it straight.

If you are doing a MP ignition, it should tell you in the instructions, or you can try summit to see if the have the instructions for download.

valentek
69 B5 408 FB

ok. i dont have any instructions for this lol. im useing the harness out the van that i took my motor out of. i have all of the harness and i the harness thats in my 69 cuda, so im mateing the two. geting rid of the points.:read2:

also just to make sure i dont wire this wrong lol. this is the box that i run to the wires on the back of the alt.?

You can use that one, or one from AutoZone or continue to use your current one. Just hook it up to the wires that are running to your current voltage regulator. There should be a wire running from the ballast resistor to it, it looks different then the newer ones.

AutoZone sells a solid state one that works with our older cars, and it hooks up the same way. Mopar Action had an article on it in the current issue, I picked one up and it seems to work better then the MP one I had.

Tell you what, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you the engine and dash wiring diagrams. They will be in PDF format, they should help you with your re-wiring.

valentek
69 B5 408 FB

ok. sent my email. now that i think of it lol having someone help me take out the wireing out of the van dont seem like a good idea now lol. the alt. has the same two color wires on the back, that why i was makeing sure thats were they go.

the simpest way i have found is put the blk/ylw wire to the - side of coil. blue/ylw wire goes to 12v igntion switch side of ballast resistor .

if you have a square back 2 field alternator with the electronic reg, add a blue wire that goes from that same terminal on the ballast and connect to the volt reg. but add an extra length to go to the alt.

well i got fire to coil but none coming from it. went got a new coil and still the same. any ideas

-
Back