Diameter of 68 Valiant 170 single exhaust system?

-

Schyrjajew

Reaction score
Does anyone know the diameter of the single exhaust system for the 1968 Valiant 170 cui?
(After the muffler)
And which glasspack fits the best?

As in the stock system?

I had 6>1 headers on mine with a 3" collector. I ran a single 3" stainless system with a borla SS XR-1 glasspack style muffler.

Regardless of the system The XR-1 is my favorite glasspack style muffler. I run them on my current 440 dart.

As in the stock system?

I had 6>1 headers on mine with a 3" collector. I ran a single 3" stainless system with a borla SS XR-1 glasspack style muffler.

Regardless of the system The XR-1 is my favorite glasspack style muffler. I run them on my current 440 dart.

Thx for your answer. I mean at the end of the first pipe/beginning of the original muffler. I want to place a glasspack there (at the moment I can not go under the car to check the diameter)

I am thinking that in 68 it was 1-3/4. But I don't have a reference to confirm that.

I believe the exhaust pipe is 2" od going into the muffler. I don't think you will find a glasspac any smaller then 2" id anyway. Legend has it that Ma Mopar saved $0.05 per tailpipe going with 1.5 " pipe. And with the number of tailpipes used, they saved a pile of nickels.

I believe the exhaust pipe is 2" od going into the muffler. I don't think you will find a glasspac any smaller then 2" id anyway. Legend has it that Ma Mopar saved $0.05 per tailpipe going with 1.5 " pipe. And with the number of tailpipes used, they saved a pile of nickels.
Thanks. Thrush has a 1.75'' gp

I just went out and measured the original exhaust pipe on my 170, and I stand corrected, it is 1 3/4" od.
You are awesome
So I should put a 2'' go over it and fix it with a clamp? Sorry I am from europe. Never did it before

2" will work, might have to cut slots in the end of the muffler for it to clamp down on the exhaust pipe - all depends on how tight the fit is between muffler and exhaust pipe to start with. Just remember, there are no dumb questions. We all had to learn this stuff by asking questions and trial and error. Just don't give up.

-
Back