-
Status
Not open for further replies.

clinteg

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
These are used pistons out of my small block. 4.070" bore, 4" stroke. Believed to be low mileage. I had to go with other pistons due to oversized bores after hone. Otherwise, these were going to be re-used in the rebuild. They haven't been cleaned so they are just as they came out of the motor in the pictures. Comes with pins. $300 + shipping from Wichita.

2088.jpg

2087-1.jpg

2089.jpg

2090.jpg

What was the compression ratio with these pistons and with what cc chamber in head? What do the skirts mic at? (Collapsed skirts is what im worried about.) I'm assuming they‘re setup for std length mopar sb rod?
Thanks
Paul

The part number on these is 51008 and everything you would want to know about them is here [ame]http://www.diamondracing.net/pdf/MoPar-Section.pdf[/ame]. I pulled one piston and the skirt measures 4.065. I don't know if that's considered collapsed. They were in good enough shape that my picky builder was going to re-use them. This is less than half the price of new ones.

Why was engine pulled apart did you loose a cam lobe or anything like that. I would be interested if your sure metal was not floating around the engine and being impregnated on the pistons and skirts.

Engine started smoking after I made one hard run on it one day. Plugs showed signs of detonation and I was worried that I could have damaged something. I pretty much stopped running it right then and pulled the motor for tear down. After getting it apart, only thing that was wrong was that the rings weren't in the greatest shape for whatever reason. Still a little baffled about that. But engine guy said everything else was in order. The cam didn't have any wiped lobes. It was going to be re used but I decided I wanted a roller for the street driving. After honing, my bore was 4.075 so I could no longer use these pistons. Hence why I'm selling the pistons, cam, springs, etc from the old setup. I can get more pictures of every piston if it helps.

The Chevy size rod and pin size might be a problem for me. I will check and see if I have some of those 6.125 rods in my parts stash tomorrow.

Great deal. Does someone sell a 4" crank w chevy rod sizes or is it normal practice to turn down crank of choice?

Turn down the crank. On the plus side, Chevy parts are usually cheaper.

I took a random piston and cleaned some of the buildup off it. Here's what it looked like.

20131225_220314.jpg

20131225_220225.jpg

20131225_220256.jpg

have you purchased new pistons yet I have a excellent set of Diamond 4.10 x 4.00 inch stroke chevy pin sized pistons for same price as yours

have you purchased new pistons yet I have a excellent set of Diamond 4.10 x 4.00 inch stroke chevy pin sized pistons for same price as yours

Yes I had custom pistons made. Thanks for the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back