Dick Landy B&M small block super charger

-

68dartkid

Reaction score
Hey fellow moparites! Anybody know where to acquire a crank pully for a dick landy super charger set up? There is a used set up for sale online but it is missing the crank pully. Can you use a different one or is it specific to the application? Thanks for any info in advance people

Mopardude318 your dart build is badass. Yeah i figured it wouldn't be easy to find one. Thats why im asking before i go and purchase the thing. I'll probably just build a 408 stroker motor seems like they make plenty of power for the street and probably less of a headache

dollar for dollar, you will be much happier with a 408 stroker in the end. you dont have to worry about the boost blowing your engine up and the extra associated heat. a supercharger is like a furnace sitting on top of your engine. :)

well any updates 68dart kid? did ya end up buying that setup? creating a crank pulley will actually be easy, if the blower is already properly placed via the manifold...

yes..a supercharged 408 with nitrous would be stellar :)

No i didnt pick it up. Im just going to stick with a stroker motor of some sort. Maybe later down the line ill put boost to it

I saw the blower on Ebay also. How much did it end up going for? It was a slick looking unit.

A guy at Fall Fling last year had one for sale with Ported w-2 heads. Impressive but I didn't even ask how much he wanted for the setup as I was visiting from out of town and had no way to really check the things out.

I asked Mike at MRL about what CR I would need to put it on my stroker and it was about 8-1 with pump gas. I will stick with the 416 and that Lunati solid roller cam he likes. Huge torque down low while still revving when desired. Woot!!

I am basically converting my 10-1 416 to this motor using my existing block and rotating assy. New eddy heads set-up with springs and 1.6 Hughes rockers for the Voodoo cam and solid roller lifters.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=189967

Thats a good engine right there!!! My 318 already has about 8.5 to 8.7 to 1 compression. I will run a kit I found off craigslist....Just came in yesterday.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=209960&page=2

Run a 3.5" upper pulley. This will get you around 6to8PSI using a 6" crank pulley. Your cam, head and exhaust flow will affect actual boost.
IDK what the redline of the blower is but at 6000 engine RPMs the blower will be at 10,320 RPMs using a 3.5" upper pulley. Im guessing 15,000 RPMs is the blowers limit. The blower will be overdriven at a 1.72 ratio.
The 3.5 pulley will give plenty of belt wrap and surface area for the belt to grip, avoiding belt slip.
Summit and Jegs got the pulleys. Part# WND-6793 100 bucks.

Hey fellow moparites! Anybody know where to acquire a crank pully for a dick landy super charger set up? There is a used set up for sale online but it is missing the crank pully. Can you use a different one or is it specific to the application? Thanks for any info in advance people

B&M Part#91077 this is also the same exact pulley MoparDude got in his kit.

Run a 3.5" upper pulley. This will get you around 6to8PSI using a 6" crank pulley. Your cam, head and exhaust flow will affect actual boost.
IDK what the redline of the blower is but at 6000 engine RPMs the blower will be at 10,320 RPMs using a 3.5" upper pulley. Im guessing 15,000 RPMs is the blowers limit. The blower will be overdriven at a 1.72 ratio.
The 3.5 pulley will give plenty of belt wrap and surface area for the belt to grip, avoiding belt slip.
Summit and Jegs got the pulleys. Part# WND-6793 100 bucks.

HA!! Thank you! I was just doing some calculations using the charts in the Weiand catalog, and I took an educated guess that the pulley would have to be the 3.48" in diameter pulley. You are exactly right, 72% overdriven using a 6" crank pulley.

You definitely figured that out quicker than me! LOL

-
Back