Did any vendors do well at Carlisle 2010?

-

jeryst

Reaction score
I was just wondering how vendors did this year.

I was only there Friday, but didnt sell anything, even though I had most of my stuff marked much less than what others were asking for similar items that were in much worse shape.

I didnt really see anyone carry out parts, other than sheet metal.

I've decided that Carlise just isnt worth the expense to try and sell stuff, so I'm not going to do it again. Cost me $80 for a spot, $80 to rent a trailer. $100 in gas, etc. Sat there for a whole day, in the hot sun, for nothing. So instead of making some money, I just went further in the hole.

From now on, I'm just going to sell stuff locally, or on Craigslist, Moparts, FABO, FEBO, FBBO, etc. Carlisle is just going to be a pleasure trip.

I heard some say they didn't do well and other say they did Ok...I took some parts and my 66 Dart vert and exchanged most of it including the car for cash. I saw some really good deals there as well but didn't want to spend any money. I saw cammando valve covers in nice shape for $100., chrome air cleaners from the commando for $ 80., disc brake conversions for $ 150., some real nice cars under $10,000...69 Roadrunner for $4800., 67 Dart GTS for $2300.00, 340 Duster #'s car in excellent condition for $9500.,..of course there was the overpriced stuff as well...$13000. for a Duster that needed everything and wasn't #'s...I actually think the prices were better there then I see being asked for on FABO..

After four years of gathering parts and putting a new floor in and inner fenders and a new power top frame I thought what the hell I can always drive my wife's Ford.....NOT!!

I sold my parts car, not the one I've been restoring...don't panic!!!!

i struck out trying to find parts. i was surprised at the amount of people walking in that did not look like they had any intentions of buying stuff. i didnt see anyone else with a wagon till i was 1/3rd the way through.

Only there as buyer on friday this year but found some very good bargains. It was hit or miss with parts, either very reasonable or pitifully overpriced but most vendors seemed more eager to barter on price than ever.

Oldschoolcuda

Hmmm I spent 1000.00 there. I thought alot of parts were over priced. Like say a superbird nos nose for 12,000.00 cmon really??? Keep the bird! Or a non-complete sharks tooth grille for 1040.00. Seems a bit steep to me for a grille. 3,000.00 for a shaker hood for a cuda. Maybe im just cheap. But some guys really wanted to sell there stuff so they priced it to sell and it sold. IMO

I wanted to go friday, rain, overslept sat. probably a good thing, if I woke up early and seen it raining, I would of said F it. Got up there about noonish, Lookin for nothing but parts. Said heck with it the last few years cause of overpriced stuff, but this year is the first time guys were willing to haggle. found a old set of cal custom BB valve covers, and a manual steering box for the old gasser, Went primarely for wheels and tires, finally happened across 1 tire vendor and he did`nt have what I wanted:angry7: so wound up ordering/paying shipping anyhow. By then it was getting late and people were covering their stuff up. Called it a day and left, Could`nt believe all the OT 80`s 90`s cars on the back acreage, never seen that before.

-
Back