Did Anyone See the Last Mecum Auction?

-

dynodonn

Reaction score
They were showing the Mecum auction from PA on NBCSN this morning and I happened to see a 1965 Barracuda sell for $15k. Nothing special, red with white rallye stripes, 180 HP 273, it did have the optional factory A/C. Any comments or thoughts on the price?

Saw that...was a nice car.Thing about Auctions is that it only takes 2 people to think they just have to have the car and common sense goes out the window.Most of those buyers consider that kind of money chump change.As for what it would bring on the open market I'm a little lost.Cars I think aren't worth much others feel they are worth more than I think.My "guess" would be that it was probably over priced somewhat.

Yes, I thought the price was a little bit high too. There did not seem to be a lot of bidding action on this car, granted it is not a high-dollar vehicle like a lot of Mecum or Barret-Jackson auction cars are. Kelly blue book value on my '65 Formula S in it's current condition is about $16k-$18k right now, so $15k for a standard V8 Barracuda does seem high.

Yea, I was there Thurs, looked at the cars that were in the staging tents waiting their turn, booth red cudas were very clean, but the 65 valiant red vert. sold for 13k, and was not anywhere near the quality of the cudas. who can figure on any given day , they didn't televise the first 120 cars from thurs am, I saw some great buys ,like 70buick wildcat vert. 455 for 13k and a real nice 68 dodge Monaco 500 sold for 5250, not too many of them at the cruise nights LOL. but the winner for me was a 67impala SS327 matching numbers for 13k ??

-
Back