Did Darts only come with the small wheel bolt pattern?

-
Did Darts only come with the small wheel bolt pattern?

1972 back on the a body Dart were all small bolt pattern from the factory.

1973 through 1976 were small bolt pattern if they had drums on
all 4 corners.

1973 through 1976 was big bolt pattern if it was equipped with disc brakes.

1972 back on the a body Dart were all small bolt pattern from the factory.

1973 through 1976 were small bolt pattern if they had drums on
all 4 corners.

1973 through 1976 was big bolt pattern if it was equipped with disc brakes.

pretty much covers it....

To expand on ok's post, change Darts to all Dodge and Plymouth A bodies in those year ranges.

The reason I ask this is....I have a rear which I have confirmed is an A body rear and measures correcrtly from back plate to back plate. However, my wheels are pushed out much further to the outside than other Darts with the same wheels on it and backspacing. It seems that the brake hubs are wider than a standard Dart. Were there different brake/hub widths that would require a bit of a longer axle? If not why are my wheels further apart than my buddies Dart with the same set up? Ideas? Thanks

Might be the difference in the rear housing, ie: 7 1/4 versus an 8 3/4. Do both cars have the same style pumpkin?

stock small bolt axles? if they are aftermarket large bolt axles one could be for the standard A body small bolt drums the other could be for the b body style brakes.

stock small bolt axles? if they are aftermarket large bolt axles one could be for the standard A body small bolt drums the other could be for the b body style brakes.

I think that I figured out that this rear has the longer A body axles for B body brakes and thats what is pushing my width out.
Sorry Eric I stand correcetd . 1970 It is

Were there different brake/hub widths that would require a bit of a longer axle? If not why are my wheels further apart than my buddies Dart with the same set up? Ideas? Thanks

I'm not sure about 8.75" rear. In the case of the 7¼", the backing plates for the LBP axle are a little bit different which requires a longer axle shaft than the SBP. What it means is that even if the rear is a 7¼, the rear track on the LBP is a little bit wider. These parts can not be mixed and matched.

If all the rears are the same, suggest check for wheel offset differences.

-
Back