Did Duster have insulation on bottom of hood?

• Thread starter 71Twister1owner
  • Start date
-

71Twister1owner

I recently had my 71 Duster painted and I've wondered if I should insulate the bottom of the hood to protect the paint. I don't recall having insulation there in the first place and I don't see any holes for mounting insulation.

If your car didn't have it coded for undercoating from the factory there would be no pad. I think the code for this is J54.

If your car didn't have it coded for undercoating from the factory there would be no pad. I think the code for this is J54.

Thx va58.......I didn't know this. Good info :cheers:

Your suggestion that I check for a code reminded me that it might be on the stamp sheet under the back seat. I looked at it and I don't see hood insulation listed as an option. My car was a very basic Twister package - so I probably didn't have it. (I posted my question using my back up member name because my primary password wouldn't work last week.)

tx,
Ken

Attachments

• DSCN4280.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 122
No problem. it's usually very easy to tell Factory undercoating. It was thick and sprayed
Everywhere on the underside. Non-factory undercoat cars would be in wheelwells and alittle overspray here and there.

-
Back