did first trans rebuild today

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
Just got done rebuilding my first transmission, 727 t-flite for my friends 74 Cuda. Fully dissasembled then cleaned cases and pan in solvent tank and then steam cooker. Basic rebuild with full manual valve body, and TCI trans kit with clutches, gaskets, seals, ect. The only trouble I ran into was I accidentally broke the little cast iron square c clip around the bottom of the 1-2 accumulator. Other than that all smooth sailing. Measured endplay, adjusted bands.... Sorry no pictures, no cameras or cell phones are allowed in school. Just though Id share.....hopefully the car will move.:-D

Congratulations Thanson. I was 17 when I did my first one. Man... That was a looonnnggg time ago. LOL

BTW: I think what you are referring to as a C-clip on the accumulator was actually a sealing ring.

Congratulations Thanson. I was 17 when I did my first one. Man... That was a looonnnggg time ago. LOL

BTW: I think what you are referring to as a C-clip on the accumulator was actually a sealing ring.

Oh, yes, thanks, I couldn't for life of me remember what it was called. That little thing was really brittle, I guess Ill be a little more careful the next time I do it. Overall I guess it was not as bad as I thought as it was going to be, It was definitly alot simpler than the 4-t60E front wheel drive trans I was messing with before.

Congrat's thanson! I did mine myself and it went smooth as silk. Thanks to a nice book by Carl Munroe. Did you do an air test on it when you were done? It sure made me feel better when I did mine and the things that were supposed to move did.

Jack

I rebuilt my 727 a couple of years ago. I was really nervous before I started. With the help of Carl Munroe's book the job actually went very smoothly and the transmission works perfectly.
I still can't tell you exactly how a 727 works but, at least I can say I rebuilt one.

-
Back