Did i damage my 727

-
From June 13th to the 25th. How many times could that transmission been R&R'd by now instead of messin around on a forum?

He is trying to learn Rob. Give him a fighting chance. The hobby is gonna need guys like him to carry on once we are beyond doing and advising ourselves. Kim

He is trying to learn Rob. Give him a fighting chance. The hobby is gonna need guys like him to carry on once we are beyond doing and advising ourselves. Kim

You're dead right. My bad. I just sit here and imagine myself "young again" and thinkin how I'd had that thing out after the third post. I guess not everybody does things the same way.

I plan on pulling the tranny either tomorow or Friday, got the lift free finally so at least it will be a little easier then doing on the ground like last time, I'm going to open it up and most likely order a kit and try to go through it. I learned engines fairly easy after a lot of reading and learning from my buddy I call chief at home from suspension, brakes, and to body chassis work(what I do for a living) and wiring. I want to be able to do any work needed

Last edited:
I'm just still curious what could of went wrong in the transmission to cause a big vibration like that but at least I can still put it in first and reverse no problem

Back then I would of had the jackall out and jacked it up in the dirt. Spare tire shoved under the left front tire. A few SK tools and out she be. No help either in or out. Kim

Back then I would of had the jackall out and jacked it up in the dirt. Spare tire shoved under the left front tire. A few SK tools and out she be. No help either in or out. Kim
I have always worked in the dirt or rocks but my buddy just got done with using lift so he told me if I wanted to I can use it so figured it will be easier to do even with transmission hoist jack

You say it has a problem when it goes into third; and also that reverse seemed like it might be delayed. Those two problems are both in the front drum. This will be interesting because I can't imagine what would cause the vibration only in third, no matter how bad the direct clutch is; unless it's chattering when it slips. When you take it out, check the end play before you take it apart; even a rough estimate; not necessarily with a dial indicator. And don't order any parts whatsoever until the two front drums are out. And don't take the retaining clip off the front of the output shaft unless absolutely necessary; no sense in getting into this trans further than needed. Fingers crossed.

When clutches are slipping it can vibrate pretty bad. You getting a burnt smell from the fluid?

So I dropped the tranny and was able to get my hands on a bone stock rebuilt just to at least have something in while I rebuild the old one, oh my god that was the first time I was able to take it for ride....it rides so amazing and runs great. Only think I worried about is my header touching my torsion bar now but it drives so good and has so much torque I need to get used to it first. I am going to rebuild that tranny once i open it up and what would be a solid rebuild set up? Also is a bolt in sprag a must?

-
Back