Did i get ripped off???? pics of my new UCA's

-

ImfamousJIM

Reaction score
got these parts from the junkyard... didnt notice till last night after i took my old a-arms off, that they look very different.....

did i get ripped off???? is there some step in this conversion that i missed??? these parts are supposedly out of a 74 valiant that i picked out, however i did not oversee them taking the parts off, nor did i see the car after the work was done.
(my car is a 70 duster)

top is the new one, mid is the old one, bottom is the comparison

2088010_11_full.jpg

2088010_12_full.jpg

2088010_13_full.jpg

They may be aspen/volare or newer B body stuff. They are Mopar, the spindles will work, but they are the wrong control arms for an A body.

SIKPUP

yeah i just took them back.... the car i told them to take the parts off was a 74 valiant that i thouht was lbp discs, it turned out to be a drum car.... so instead of picking another valiant or asking me what car... they just took these off something.......
here's the best part "they're off a valiant wiht heavy duty suspension, yours is prolly just the light duty one because it is a /6 and our donor car was a v8"
when i asked to see the mysterious heavy-duty suspension car they pulled these off of 2 days earlier they replied with "oh no, the car's gone.. its outa here already"

i went through the yard, confirmed a car with discs, and hopefuly tomorrow i'll have what i need.

Take your old ones with you ...they should look identical except the disc arm will have the larger ball joint.

Hope they don't hassle you.

Jim

-
Back