Did I install my engine wrong?

-

RDJ

Reaction score
OK, my first time installing a small block, so I'm a little ignorant. Did I put the motor mounts on the wrong side of the ears? D'oh! It seems a little too far back and the trans mount is too far back by about the width of the ears.

MotorMount.jpg

Yep, exactly.

I fought this years ago with my first 65 barracuda after rebuilding the engine, could not get it to fit no matter what I did, rear mount wouldn't bolt up, played with it for a day and a half, then had someone else look @ it, and told me to move the mount to the other side of the tab on the block, and viola, everything fit magically like a glove.

FF

Yes, you have them on the wrong sides of the ears. Should be on the backside. Also, the spool mounts have a left and a right. Don't know the difference by looking without comparing side by side, so I don't know if you have them swapped.

If that is a 67-69 A body..then it doesn't look right. The ears should be on the back side of the engine flanges. You have them on the front.

Thanks for not making fun of me :-D. The cherry picker is still hooked up and the bolts are only finger tight, Should only take a minute (or 20) to fix. BTW, I got Schumacher mounts and they were marked R and L. Thanks all!

Thanks for not making fun of me :-D. The cherry picker is still hooked up and the bolts are only finger tight, Should only take a minute (or 20) to fix. BTW, I got Schumacher mounts and they were marked R and L. Thanks all!

We;ve all been there at one time or another

-
Back