Did I Screw Up OR Get Hosed???

-

redrag64

Reaction score
I bought a front driver's side armrest off of ebay. The listing said it was off a 64 270 convertible Dart, and I assumed it would be the same as what came with my 64 GT convertible Dart. It turns out this armrest is 1.5 inches shorter than my passenger side (10" vs. 11.5"). Was there indeed a difference between the 270 and GT armrests, or was the description wrong? I need to know wheather I should be mad at the seller or myself. THANKS!

not sure but, it being shorter sounds like it may have came from a 4 door? if john 64dart170 aka ferns daddy chimes in he can measure his 64 and tell you, or someone else.

I have purchased at least 5 items on ebay that people have listed for the wrong vehicle. I mean no where close. I don't think it is intentional but they just don't know what the part is. I have them send measurements and I will ask even if it says it clearly in the ad. Hope it all works out for you.

Base model early A-bodies got the short 9" arm rest base and pads both front and rear, cars with higher trim levels got the 11" base and pads in front and 9" base and pads for the rear. And if you happen to own a Canadian version, oftentimes they came with the extra long 16" base with an 11" pad in front, and I've seen both 11" and 9" base and pads in the rear depending on model and trim level.

All three different lengths of the bases will fit as the mounting screw holes are spaced the same no matter what the size of the base is.

I have purchased at least 5 items on ebay that people have listed for the wrong vehicle. I mean no where close. I don't think it is intentional but they just don't know what the part is. I have them send measurements and I will ask even if it says it clearly in the ad. Hope it all works out for you.

Yeah, I'm guessing at some point, someone installed four door rear bases/pads in the front of the sellers 270 vert.

Anyone need a 10 " driver's side armrest???

-
Back