Did I toast my 340?

-
What exactly is the reason you kept driving it while over heating? Inquiring minds wanna know.

What exactly is the reason you kept driving it while over heating? Inquiring minds wanna know.

He's cruising Woodward for the Woodward Dream Cruise,the world's largest one day cruise, but they start cruising a few weeks before it starts. It can get pretty packed and backed up. If your car does not have a good cooling system, you will overheat...

Dream Cruise history, bylaws

Today is the official day for the cruise and there will be an average of 1.5 million people and 40,000 cars cruising....

My oldest son left yesterday for there, he took his 2011 Shelby Mustang and will be hanging out on 9 Mile and Woodward in Ferndale in the 'Snake Pit" (Only Shelbys allowed - there are other spaces for Mustangs and other Fords there... My son hasn't missed a Dream Cruise since they started back in 1995....

It's a fun time, much different than the Nats or most car shows where you just park your car in a parking lot. You can cruise your car for a while, then park it and sit along Woodward and watch all of the different cars cruise by. They have everything on wheels, amazing what people will build, and what kind of cars are still hanging around. It's like they come out of woodwork... The Woodward Dream Cruise is a great experience, more 'hands on' than your average car show/meet.

The cruise goes from the border of Detroit all the way to Pontiac, MI. Traffic will be backed up in some spots. This year they are adding a designated spot for burnouts. I wonder how that will go...

I didn't continue to drive it. Once I got it home I parked it and started tearing it apart.
340 Intake dead.JPG

-
Back