didnt feel like wrenching tonight so i did some polishing

-

dgswinger

Reaction score
well i didnt feel like turning wrenches tonight so i polished an old set of weiand valve covers ive had for awhile. its not a professional job but they certainly are much nicer than they were :D. im probably gonna hit them with a polishing wheel to see if i can get them to shine a little more!! this was just by hand....

so what do you think?

i was also thinking of painting in between the ribs and around the weiand black. any opinions or pics of others that have theirs painted would be great.
my avatar pic shows my M/T covers painted black with the ribs polished. thinking of trying a different look for these ones....

Attachments

• Photo1829.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Photo1830.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 189
  • Photo1832.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Photo1831.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 190
Looks good and prob just upped their value if you ever want to sell them.
I think black between the ribs and around the big W would look good, maybe even making the big W yellow while leaving the weiand polished.
If you could spend a little $$$ powdercoating would last way longer than the paint.

looks great Dude..... I made this tonight, It took an hour......

Attachments

• photo56.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 222
Looks good and prob just upped their value if you ever want to sell them.
I think black between the ribs and around the big W would look good, maybe even making the big W yellow while leaving the weiand polished.
If you could spend a little $$$ powdercoating would last way longer than the paint.

thanks!! very good ideas!! never gave that a thought on the yellow W but sure would look correct for the logo!! ill have to get some yellow paint and see if i like it.. it looks good in my head haha!

If you need ideas for custom valve covers, check out my website as a starting point. Custom one-offs are a specialty.

-
Back