died on the road and still their HELP

-

74 dustaar

Reaction score
Sitting at the light it just shut off and the key would not even click the starter. I went to the starter relay and it cranks from their but no spark? I have no interior lights or head lights? Nothing in interior works and no spark but I can jump it from relay but still no spark. I changed the ballast and a fuseable link that came from the starter relay to a plug in fire wall but nothing? Its in a bank parking lot

Sounds like there might be another fuseable link some where.

Start with good test light. If you have power at the starter relay, then I would start chasing from there. To my memory, it should run to fuse box. After that.... not sure.
I know that the ammeters have a history of causing problems. Might check there.

I was reading other threads in the electrical posts and maybe I have a bad ignition switch? I do have someone coming to help with a meter. BOy and I thought these older cars were easy to figure out, Maybe I should have someone come and rewire it for me? Does anyone know of a good Electrical person that wont want an arm and leg to rewire my 74 duster I live in Michigan, Detroit metro area

It was a bad coil that made the car stall at the light but when I kept hitting the key it made a loose connection at the volt meter in the cash cluster worse and that made me loose all power. After I found the under dash problem I had crank but no spark so I replaced the module and that was not it so I replaced the coil and it fired right up. I know go after the cheap parts first.

-
Back