Diesel Dart Cummins

-

draginmopars

Reaction score
found this on Moparts

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8375699&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

8375699-image_zpsiywls2rj.jpg

8455697-image_zpsvdcew1nr.jpg

Interesting. With that turbo and supporting mods it should make anywhere from 550 to 600+ wheel HP and around or over 1200 ft/lbs. Despite what the one guy's saying that trans can live, seen it done lots of times

I rebuilt my 47RH 13 years ago, only trouble I have is the converter ballooning up and destroying the trans pump. It still moves my 6000 pound Dually with authority so, I would bet a Dart will be much easier, on the trans.

the 47RH can handle it all day long if the right parts are put in it. Super light car doesn't need crazy power. Let's see if it weigh transfers, with that 1100lb motor in there though. I feel sorry for his rear end too, the torque is going to possibly shred it.

Looks like an interesting project. Considering this has been done with 67-69 Camaros successfully I think he'll have good results.

I just rebuilt the 47RH in my 92 D250 Cummins. I used the Red Alto clutches and Kolene steels. Along with a Transgo Shift kit and a custom HD converter from out west. Reason I rebuilt mine was that it was suspect, and I wanted to boost the stock IP. Trans worked out great. Last week I put in a 3200 Gov spring and A Denny T fuel pin. The power increase is unbelievable. I was shocked. There is a lot you can do with the Gen1 engines. I think I'll stop were I'm at so I don't start breaking up stuff. LOL

Moparmitch, did you install that 47RH into your D250 as it wouldn't be the stock trans.

Moparmitch, did you install that 47RH into your D250 as it wouldn't be the stock trans.

It is the stock trans non lock up no electronics. The truck is a 92 2WD. Don't think they went to the lock up converter until 93 or 94

ok, that's commonly referred to as the 518, the 47RH came out in 94, for 2 yrs.

Ok , I always thought the 518 was the same as 47RH. All of the rebuild instructions and even the FSM is very unclear about the models.
Anyhow, It's badass now LOL

Ok , I always thought the 518 was the same as 47RH. All of the rebuild instructions and even the FSM is very unclear about the models.
Anyhow, It's badass now LOL

Lose the 3200 spring. They drive a lot better with the 4200 spring. I just sold my 93 W250, made a little over 400whp with a VE pump and budget mods and turbo. Also had a built 518, it was a fun mid to high 14 truck

Oh now this is what I'm talking about, a 4bt will get us 500hp and still get 25 mpg!

Can't tell you much about the 4bt, I think it would have to have the P pump like the 6bt above does. I know of 3 injection pumps that came on the 4b engines, only have experience with the P pump and the Stanadyne.

Lose the 3200 spring. They drive a lot better with the 4200 spring. I just sold my 93 W250, made a little over 400whp with a VE pump and budget mods and turbo. Also had a built 518, it was a fun mid to high 14 truck

Really?? I just assumed all that would do is allow 4200 RPM? Were I normally wouldn't go with this truck as it is a DD and Tow Rig. In my defense though, Im just learning on these 6BT with the VE pump. I think I'm going to pull the pump over to gain timing, and perhaps turn up the power screw some. Want to put on a Dynamic timing spacer also , when they become available again. Watcha think ?

Pull the timing to the head (as people say) it really compliments added fuel. The 4200 spring does not mean it will turn 4200 rpm, I can almost promise you will run out of fuel supply before that especially if you are on a stock style lift pump.
I used a Holley blue pump to supply the injection pump, the most I saw was 4100rpm on my tach once. Pump tuning is great on these things, I had my screw about one turn from all the way in, it tried to run away a little bit if it was all the way in lol.
Timing spacer... never ran one, I wasn't convinced it would do enough for me, read too many mixed reviews on them.

Just to be clear I'm not telling you to do anything I haven't done, I had a 3200 spring for a short time but I still felt like I was hitting a wall, added rpm and WOW!! Truck flat out ran!

Oh I thought that was a 4bt above didn't look close enough. The real hot rod action does require the p pump with some major plungers to move some fuel. I think a 4bt would make a nice home in the dart engine bay.

-
Back