diff pad set up

-

chubby

Reaction score
I am setting up my pinion angle and just thought I would check the angles with
you guys before I weld it up.

Diff is down 2 degrees trans is down 11/2 degrees with what I can work out this gives me a pinion angle of 31/2 degrees down.Would that be ok for a stock leaf car with one added extra spring

Attachments

• drags 254.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 141
you should get in contact with doctor diff (Cass)

he will give you exact specs

his website is doctordiff.com, and has his email listed there

he knows his stuff

best of luck with your project!

assuming street car. from what I remember and my understanding is that you need between 1 and 3 degrees tops. 1 1/2 degrees down at the trans, it should be an equal but opposite amt at the Pinion - 1 1/2 degree up to keep proper joint angle.
Second is the interior is gutted? need weight compensated as it will change the angle once added. I think your angles are off.

steering wheel is right drive cool!?!

someone else should chime in here. So here a bump if nothing else.

This all depends on what you're doing.

This car is all stock going to be a street car as the factory built it or you have other plans.

car will be 90% street 10% strip

thats a good point rockey js i will get some ballast and put it in

Don't worry about the weight, are you going to not allow people in the back seat ever ?
You're only going to run 5 gals instead of 20 gals....

Or if your friend is 400 lbs you're gonna reset the angle, the angle needs to be set opposite the diffs ability to change it underload

I just went through this myself... Don't get crazy with the what if's; stick the angle below and call it.

The cars doesn't need to be uber level, this is a dynamic relationship from a fixed point, it could be upside down and would come out the same. If your still worried, adjust the ride height how you want it in the front, add the everyday load you would have in the rear, and do the damn thing.

From this article:

http://www.carcraft.com/howto/91758/

"According to Currie, the average car crafter should strive for between 1 and 3 degrees between the tailshaft of the transmission and driveshaft, and 1 to 3 degrees between the driveshaft and pinion. Furthermore, the two angles should be nearly equal (between 1 and 3 degrees), but always opposite (see crude diagram)."

Here is a picture:

http://www.carcraft.com/howto/91758/photo_08.html

-
Back