difference between 4 speed hump Buckets/Bench?

-

swinger74

Reaction score
Hello, i am looking at 4 speed humps for my 74 dart, and was wondering if there was any difference between bucket & Bench humps? (i want to keep my bench) On all the repo's they look the same and on some of the orgional ones i see a little bracket towards the front? just wanting to make sure i pick up the right one once i find it.

Thanks
Ryan

all of the humps are the same up until i believe late 74/early 75 that is when they started using catalytic converters. The difference between bench seat vs bucket seat cars is the shifter handle. The tabs you see of some models may be for a floor console. Those have a bracket welded to the floor on the transmission tunnel

all of the humps are the same up until i believe late 74/early 75 that is when they started using catalytic converters. The difference between bench seat vs bucket seat cars is the shifter handle. The tabs you see of some models may be for a floor console. Those have a bracket welded to the floor on the transmission tunnel

Ok thanks, so the reproductions will be fine then. (cant seem to find a hump locally)

I know on the bench seat cars there is a small bracket welded on the shifter hump. This bracket is a seat stop, it keeps the seat from moving to far foward and interfering with the shifter. Im not sure if bucket seat cars have this.

Attachments

• shifter hump.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 105
-
Back