difference in duster bumper years

-

JAG_mopar

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the mountings of a 70-71 and 72-73? I see that AMD has a repro bumper for 70-71 and I have a 73.

Thanks

Rears are the same 70 thru 72. I purchased an AMD rear 72 for my 73 and it bolted up fine. You just don't have the extra bolt holes for the rubber bumpers (I didn't want them anyway). As you probably already know, the front bumper for 73 is one year only. I have a spare front and rear for a 73 if interested. They both need to be re-chromed.
Rear.jpg

Last edited:
Rears are the same 70 thru 72. I purchased an AMD rear 72 for my 73 and it bolted up fine. You just don't have the extra bolt holes for the rubber bumpers (I didn't want them anyway). As you probably already know, the front bumper for 73 is one year only. I have a spare front and rear for a 73 if interested. They both need to be re-chromed.
View attachment 1715119454

I bolted a front bumper of a 75 duster, right to the bumper brackets of my 73, yes the back bracing is different, but the chrome bumper itself is the same.

I bolted a front bumper of a 75 duster, right to the bumper brackets of my 73, yes the back bracing is different, but the chrome bumper itself is the same.
I believe that the 73 bolt hole placement is in different locations than the 74-76.

Thank you for the great feedback. I also would not need the bolt holes for the guards. Now to decide whether to go chrome or not. Crewchief, Sending PM

-
Back