Different???

-

Small Block

Reaction score
I've got a 67 Valiant 100 2 dr post and it came with a 3 speed on the column. I will be going back with a 727 auto so what is needed to make the brake pedal swap? I know this is different as everyone wants to go the other way.....and i could go the 4 speed route but am looking at the auto trail so school me if you would please. I have plenty of donor cars so parts are not an issue. Fire at will. Thanks guys.

Sounds to me is all you need is a brake pedal that came out of a 67-69 automatic car. Possibly a 70 through a 76 will fit as well. At a minimum you'll probably want to change the steering column collar to make the 3 speed shifter disappear (might be easier to swap the complete column to eliminate the shifter stuff at the bottom of the column). Hope this helps.

Besides the brake pedal, you need the support bracket it attaches to. Should be no problem in the "field of dreams" .....lol

...........Just leave your pedals,,,....weld a flat piece to the brake pedal........let the clutch pedal stay on the floor or just take it off......u can change the column ot take off the the handle.... then use an aftermarket floor shifter..........kim.........

-
Back