dip stick ,what car has the longest ??

-

fstfish66

Reaction score
ok this may sound strange,,,,i have a 904 in my street rod,,,it currently uses a lokar flexible dip stick tube assembly,, i may want to go to a factory steel tube and dip stick,,,
any one know what mopar would of used a very long tube,,some thing i can heat maybe ?? and re-shape to fit my 40 dodge,,,,,thanks in advance,,,,

What about a b-van tube? (the Dodge van)

They had long tubes that went to the front of the engine compt...

Since the vans do not have a vertical firewall like cars, keep in mind you may need to reshape the dipstick tube. I used one from a van years ago on a 35 Ford street rod and had to reshape the tube. I found an electrician friend who had a set of conduit benders and that fixed it right up. Food for thought.

It's standard size tubing. Make your own from stock. Just don't drive it in too far.

Since the vans do not have a vertical firewall like cars, keep in mind you may need to reshape the dipstick tube. I used one from a van years ago on a 35 Ford street rod and had to reshape the tube. I found an electrician friend who had a set of conduit benders and that fixed it right up. Food for thought.[/QUOT

thanks for the conduit bender idea,,,now to find a van dip stick and tube

the 92 up vans have more curve in them

I used this one in a 68 Satellite

001_zpsfaoj3ebb.jpg

I like that it ended near the carb
so didn't have to reach toward the back to check trans fluid level

Yep, it's a long one> 32"

010s1_zps60744ed7.jpg

thats kool,,,,,now ill have to find a newer van,,,,that would work for sure thanks a ton

Hey Draginmopar. That looks like one bad ride. What is it? A b body? Thats gotta be a foot or more of setback. Like where you put the alternator. Show us more,the whole car!

Hey Draginmopar. That looks like one bad ride. What is it? A b body? Thats gotta be a foot or more of setback. Like where you put the alternator. Show us more,the whole car!

have had the old 4 door for over 20 years
many changes, yes, the eng/trans set back 12"
last was 540,727, dana 4.56

presently getting a make over
putting a different drive train in

pulled the engine
put it in the 72 Dart
with a 518 trans, dana 3.55

5-25-0420102_zpsldjugtaf.jpg

001r_zps595a3d6d.jpg

009_zpsmc1khn59.jpg

004_zpsxf4a74cq.jpg

Outstanding! Both of em...and what looks to be a quonset hut!?! Nice!

Thanks.

Shop is built from a section of DC-10 > LOL
28' x 40'

2-2013-04200121_zps757a0eaa.jpg

2-2013-04200131_zps9f269e06.jpg

001l_zps45a515ea.jpg

012-1_zps8e9f4c94.jpg

Above pic is the Rampage getting its make over
it was a great parts chaser vehicle,
fuel tank started leaking, unibody started failing, at the back of the cab
So, put a real frame under it, added 4 more cylinders > 440

3-1-04049_zpsa05d535d.jpg

031s_zps633926e8.jpg

003_zpsvobtmisg.jpg

had one set back with the headers
Thought I had found a place that had 180* cross over headers for a Big Block .
But instead they sent them for a Big block Chevy.
They would only give me in-store credit
So, I cut the flanges off, sent the flanges back
Made the pipes fit the mopar flange.

005_zpsi46coipg.jpg

034s_zps2ya5jmgv.jpg

7-05-07200191_zps1fbc6aa0.jpg

Man you got it going on! Ya know, first thing I thought was aircraft fuselage cause of the shape and number of windows. But then I thought NO WAY! Great playground, I'am jealous!

Mallory supermag....thats what I run on my alcohol burning,supercharged hemi. So I'am not even gonna ask...LOL.

Mallory supermag....thats what I run on my alcohol burning,supercharged hemi. So I'am not even gonna ask...LOL.

i must have missed your post thanks,,, ill look at this site i never had luck with it before ,,thanks again

-
Back