Dipstick for 73 Dart 225

-

MChallenger

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new on here, so I apologize in advance for any stupid questions...
I have a 1973 Dodge Dart Custom 225. Recently, when I removed the oil dipstick, the last couple of inches snapped off, right at the last "L" in "FULL." I've been looking for a replacement dipstick online, but so far I can't get a clear idea what is compatible. This one http://shop.mr-gasket.com/chrome-oil-dipstick-mopar-small-block.html appears to be for a larger engine, but JC Whitney showed it as fitting that model. I'm having similar confusion with other brands.
I haven't recovered the broken piece yet, so I don't know the total length for sure. The piece I have left is about 18" plus about 6" of curved handle. Any ideas? I'm going to check the forum classifieds too, but if I have some idea what's interchangeable, it would make my search easier.

Still looking for the right part... It's hard to see in this picture, but the broken end is at 21 1/2". I'd appreciate any information.

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

That should be fairly common to a lot of slant engines. Any salvage yards close by? A side by side comparison should tell you what you want to know.

-
Back