Dipstick woes on magnum

-

Blackhatguy

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 5.9 Magnum with an LA timing cover and fuel pump, and the dipstick I got from Summit hits the fuel pump. I tried using a tubing Bender on it to get some clearance, but the cheap dipstick isn't springy enough and takes a set when it goes through the bend so that ain't going to work for me. Anyone here have some better ideas?

I bent mine over my knee. Very slow and carefully. I have a 5.9 magnum with the magnum accessories and needed a bend to get it to clear the alternator mount. I'm not sure how far your trying to bend it for the LA fuel pump.

Here are a few pics I took of the problem, you can see that with it straight it runs right into the pump, and with it bent I still can't get it tight enough to clear the pump. Even how I have it bent now it puts a permanent Bend in the dipstick. I'm thinking that what I really need is a factory dipstick off of an older La engine because it would already be bent correctly and OEM has a better more springy dipstick that does not take a set as easily

0415181209.jpg

0415181211.jpg

0415181209a.jpg

0415181210.jpg

-
Back