Dipstick woes on magnum

Discussion in 'Magnum Engine Swaps' started by Blackhatguy, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Blackhatguy

Blackhatguy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:57 AM
    I have a 5.9 Magnum with an LA timing cover and fuel pump, and the dipstick I got from Summit hits the fuel pump. I tried using a tubing Bender on it to get some clearance, but the cheap dipstick isn't springy enough and takes a set when it goes through the bend so that ain't going to work for me. Anyone here have some better ideas?

2. 1994redram

1994redram FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I bent mine over my knee. Very slow and carefully. I have a 5.9 magnum with the magnum accessories and needed a bend to get it to clear the alternator mount. I'm not sure how far your trying to bend it for the LA fuel pump.

3. Blackhatguy

Blackhatguy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Here are a few pics I took of the problem, you can see that with it straight it runs right into the pump, and with it bent I still can't get it tight enough to clear the pump. Even how I have it bent now it puts a permanent Bend in the dipstick. I'm thinking that what I really need is a factory dipstick off of an older La engine because it would already be bent correctly and OEM has a better more springy dipstick that does not take a set as easily

0415181209.jpg

0415181211.jpg

0415181209a.jpg

0415181210.jpg