Direct Fit radiators

-

66dartman

Reaction score
I know that fbo is selling universal radiators pretty cheap but I don't want to do that much fabrication, Summit has a direct fit for 252 with trans cooler. My car will see more strip than street action with a fairly hot 360 and 3500 stall 904. Anyone have a comment on these universal "direct fit" radiators? Do they have the mounting tabs on them? The kid at summit did not know if the inlet/outlets were 1-1/2" like my stock V-8 hoses are. Any comments are appreciated.

Did you know that the universe is still expanding. The same goes for universal fit. Similar set up with my '65 Dart. Three differnt length bolts, three different length spacers and four hours of work brought me into balance with the universe.Even Chevy's that controll the relm of universal fit still have to tweek,

66dartman said:
so does this make us the jedi knights, fighting the evil empire of chev vader?
haha yeah and remember the force is with US :thumblef: :notworth:

no chevy isnt my/mopar's father :wack:

I just purchased a stock replacement 22" radiator for my 68 Barracuda it was around $200 Advance Auto. I ordered the radiator for a 71 Dart v8 heavey duty AC. The lower hose is on the passenger side.

dgc333 said:
I just purchased a stock replacement 22" radiator for my 68 Barracuda it was around $200 Advance Auto. I ordered the radiator for a 71 Dart v8 heavey duty AC. The lower hose is on the passenger side.
wow $200 sounds like a good deal i remember after my dart accident i went and had the orginal radaitor recored...costed me $200 go figure it was done after i burned it up :sad2:, and i cant use it on my cuda its for a manual(no trans cooler)

I think "Jegs" sells direct fit alum. radiators, with cross flow. for about $249.

-
Back