Dis is My Ride!!!

-
Great stuff guys! Keep it coming! Apparently I'm the only one in the world who hasn't met Big Daddy yet, lol.

Ive raced my races in oval and figure eights and helped my fiercest of competitors to repair their cars,taken them to my home for parts or tools or both,even carried their bent up chassis to the house and pulled frames in between two trees before the feature races to help and I don't regret it for one moment.but I have never met a better bunch of people than drag racers or the people here on F.A.B.O.I am ready to go drag racing soon and hope it will be memorable times for all involved.I might tell a story or two about the old days street racing but for now I'm a lil' bit shy.

Great stuff guys! Keep it coming! Apparently I'm the only one in the world who hasn't met Big Daddy yet, lol.

well that makes two of us but i hope to one day in the future, god willing. i did get to meet the king richard petty and his son kyle as well once as a small boy and i still remember how nice he was. he picked me up in his arms and talked to me for a minute and i was so shy i couldn't say anything to him. i think i might have been 5 or 6 years old? this would have been in about 1979 or 1980. i remember his sunglasses, mustache and straw cowboy hat and that he seemed to be about 100 feet tall!!! At the time my dad was superintedent of a construction company and they built a bunch of department stores and mr. petty was there for a grand opening and my dad got us some "backstage" access. What an amazing person mr. petty is!!!

This thread is balls! i've just spent the last two hours reading this and these stories are amazing! keep em coming fellas, can't get enough!!! Thank you guys for making my day!

-Tim

Ive raced my races in oval and figure eights and helped my fiercest of competitors to repair their cars,taken them to my home for parts or tools or both,even carried their bent up chassis to the house and pulled frames in between two trees before the feature races to help and I don't regret it for one moment.but I have never met a better bunch of people than drag racers or the people here on F.A.B.O.I am ready to go drag racing soon and hope it will be memorable times for all involved.I might tell a story or two about the old days street racing but for now I'm a lil' bit shy.
C'mon waggin, Pat aka PFogel talked us into it. I think some of your experiences in oval track would be interesting to read. And the street racing too. Wha-da-ya-say?

I have been really busy lately working on my sheet metal intake projects and he hasn't left me much time for FABO.
I saw the posting by memike on the George Ray outlaw strip in Arkansas. It reminded me of a Ronnie Sox match race in a similar place in NC. I posted the story there. I had forgotten all about it until memike rattled my noggin. Rock on!
Pat

Here's a tease of the old day's for me,this pic' is over 20 years old,dang....I had hair back then LoL

66dartgtconvertable.jpg

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Great nostalgic photo waggin. Let's see more.

You haven't changed much Curtis doggie dog! You did have a little more hair though. I wore all mine off making U-turns under the covers and rubbing on the headboard! Anyway, grass doesn't grow on a busy road! I'll bet you had a blast with that Dart! You should tell everyone about your "adventure" with the fuzz in that car and your X-rated love life! LOL!
Pat:cheers:

OK, Waggin, now I know where the "Dawg" came from. I remember the '70s. Pat, it seems that you tore off your fair share, too.

Sure did, fishbreath! I have had a wonderful life. I never think of the bad times.
Pat

Never ran from the po po in that car,always cruised it like a lil' old lady(not from pasedena)and never got any moving violations in it,in my younger days I had a few cat and mouse times and was never actually caught but did stop and wait one time even though I had him beat to the county line,I stopped on the side of the road and waited on the trunk of the old 69 valiant.when the officer pulled up behind me at first he was mad as a hornet and he took me in to the station but allowed me to park the car in a nearby parking lot and after calling my mom to come pick me up let me go scott free and told my mom that I was honest with him and sent us on our way(he did let me know the consequences of what he could have done)and asked that I never do that again,that was the last time for that and would strongly advise against it in this day and age and regret that I did it in the past,someone could have gotten hurt and it was stupid.and yep pat named me the "DAWG" something about loyalty and friendship that endures decades of lifes "doo doo" you'll all know your true friends when you are down and out,I can still count my true friends on my two hands,but that number seems to keep climbing with age.

Yep had 10" drums all around,it would stop you on a dime straight as an arrow,but not repetedly without cool down time,I still play with drum brakes on some of my cars,I love disk's but sometimes hard to afford the kelsey hayes stuff so I can retain my small bolt pattern cragars.I been gathering parts for the kh setup to install on the 66 barracuda for pop's and neeter bug to drive,and I'm not much for tailgating so It hasn't ever been a problem with the smaller drum brakes,with proper installation and maintenence and decent driving habits you can get good service from any brake system.
that is awesome. Nice car. Drum brakes all around??

-
Back