&%*/^#%*@*&% Disaster Photos

-
Hey guys. I FOUND AN NOS '69 BARRACUDA FENDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is even better than that is that State Farm said "That is the only one around so I guess
that is the one we will pay for". SWEET.

That`s simply beautiful. I`ve been looking for good clean parts for you during my searches and haven`t seen much of anything. Now to find a matching NOS door and you`ll be good to go. Is the inner fender damaged too much to repair?

Seeing all these pictures is making me ill and terrified to pull my car out of the garage.

Seeing all these pictures is making me ill and terrified to pull my car out of the garage.

The blue Charger was mine so I know what you mean. I was pissed off for about 3yrs, not talking about muscle cars, not going to car shows, not watching it on TV, or much less looking for another Mopar. But I slowly got over it and decided to start looking. I had in my mind BEFORE I buy another one that it will have get full coverage insurance on it so that if it happened again that it will be fully covered. I had the same type insurance on the Charger thank God and it covered what I had in it and more, but it didn't cover the blood, sweat, and tears that went into it. I guess that is what you have to endure in order to have a nice ride and enjoy the hobby.

The blue Charger was mine so I know what you mean. I was pissed off for about 3yrs, not talking about muscle cars, not going to car shows, not watching it on TV, or much less looking for another Mopar. But I slowly got over it and decided to start looking. I had in my mind BEFORE I buy another one that it will have get full coverage insurance on it so that if it happened again that it will be fully covered. I had the same type insurance on the Charger thank God and it covered what I had in it and more, but it didn't cover the blood, sweat, and tears that went into it. I guess that is what you have to endure in order to have a nice ride and enjoy the hobby.
I guess you could say I lucked out compared to you even though I sure don't feel lucky. Mine is not totalled (if it was there would probably be murder charges related) and if it was I would have gotten about 6 times as much as I have in it.
It pays to have bought a rare car in great shape back when they were cheap.

I think I just shed a tear! LOL
Damn its hard not to think "If that happens to me I'll Kill a mother F-er, But as you say, you mellow out over time and also realize it doesnt do any good to freak out anyhow.
Good luck on getting it back together. Sorry to see it happened!

An update. So far it looks like State Farm is going to be great about this. They didn't even balk at the NOS fender. I have been thinking long and hard about what to do and I still have not decided whether or not to paint the whole car but since the "all original" status is gone I have decided on a few things. I am pulling the (stock-looking) 750 Vacuum secondary carb and dual plane and will go back to the Weiand single plane and 1 inch 4 hole spacer that went on it in 1970, topped off with a Holley 4150HP 750cfm mechanical secondary carb. I am pulling the 3.54s and going to 4.10s. I am going to find another mid 70s dart hood (yes, they use the same hood as the '69 Barracuda), cutting a hole in it, and and plopping a '68 Hemi A body scoop on it. I am also going for full 3 inch exhaust with an X pipe since the exhaust shop beside the restoration shop that is doing my repairs can and has put full 3 inch systems with X pipes on A bodies. I am also going to finally put on the Legendary seat covers I bought back in 1990 and replace the door panels since the little chrome strips are starting to come apart. It will look less stock and more like it did 15 years ago and I will be making more track passes in it but it may be sidelined until next year. We'll see.

Nice to hear State Farm was on your side...cuz if the other guy had them, they're a b*tch to get money out of.
Also, be glad the other guy didn't have Geico either....
That's why I have the motto, "Kill Every Lizard You See".
Hope you get that Cuda back to one, I feel your pain.
alan627b

-
Back