Disaster relief

-

Claydart

MOPAR to the very bones
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here heard about the mess in northern MA.? There was a natural gas accident that resulted in the loss of one awful situation that took the life of a teenage boy, and injured several other people. Also there were approximately 50 fires and a couple of explosions that happened because of the gas line problem. My heart really feels broken for these people, and the 8000 or so customers that are without heat and hot water. I work for the gas co. that owns those pipelines, and I am currently working 16 hours a day to restore their gas service. I strongly urge anyone who can help the poor unfortunate people in the Lawrence, Andover, and N. Andover communities with donations, please do! I am sure that if you look online, you can find places that can take your donations.

I worked 30 years for a gas company and understand the long hours probing for any leaks and getting at least temp service to affected customers. I'm sure you have been told not to say anything but my guess was an over pressure situation but could be way off. I hope these people get the help they need to rebuild.

Is this the one where gas pressure dropped? I heard something about it, 3 or 4 weeks ago?

Is this the one where gas pressure dropped? I heard something about it, 3 or 4 weeks ago?

I don't know any details but a pressure regulator could have failed and let too much pressure enter the line. Although most appliances are electronic spark I have seen live pilots 2 feet tall.

-
Back