Disc brake conversion for '64 Cuda

-

1964BCuda

Reaction score
I'm looking for a disc brake conversion (front and rear) for my Barracuda. I was wondering if there may be a less expensive way to do it. I'm trying to restore this car on a budget, but not cut corners. If not, could someone point me in the direction where I can get a complete kit? Thanks.

Are you looking to convert to LBP or stay with the SBP?

I didn't really think about it...does it really matter one way or the other?

If you convert to LBP (most common seems to be using the 73-76 A Body UCAs, spindles, rotors and calipers), are you also going to convert the rear to LBP (73-76 8.25/7.25/other options or carry 2 spares?

If keeping the SBP, 4 piston 66-72 Kelsey Hays probably least expensive option and you don't have to mess with the rear end that's in the car now (or later on swap to a 66-72 A Body 8.75 (SBP)

I'm swapping to LBP all the way around in my 65 GT 'vert and wagon and staying SBP (w/Kelsey Hays discs) in my 65 Barracuda and Signet 'vert.

I am a rebuilder of Mopar suspension and brake compnents.
If you want to stay small bolt pattern, i have this complete assemblie for sale.
Send me a message if interested.
Jim V.

As long as you have 10 inch drums up front that kit will work i used that on my 66 cuda easy install just have to enlarge 2 holes. For the rear you have to have a 8 1/4 or 8 3/4 rear there is no kit for the stock 7 1/4 rear. The front kit's rotors come drilled for both large and small bolt pattern i went with small bolt pattern, but if you have the cash change the rear and go with large bolt pattern it gives you an unlimeted choice of wheels installation is easy there are other options you can do others here can give you the parts you can use from your local auto recycling yard. I went with a kit to keep from running all over the place to find what i need cause i have no patence.

-
Back