Disc Brake Conversion

-

Jetech38

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've got a '71 Valiant with drum brakes all around, and I'd like to put discs in the front. I know of a '66 Valiant donor with disc brakes - but I have no idea if they'll bolt up the to '71.

I'm hoping someone may have run into something similar before and may be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much,

/RK

Hey all,

I've got a '71 Valiant with drum brakes all around, and I'd like to put discs in the front. I know of a '66 Valiant donor with disc brakes - but I have no idea if they'll bolt up the to '71.

I'm hoping someone may have run into something similar before and may be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much,

/RK

I believe you only need the spindles, master cyl, proportioning valve and the other soft parts. Upper and lower control arms should be identical on those two, otherwise your 71 should have sway bar mounts on the lower control arms already.

Brian

Read through the "Brakes" section on this forum.

There are numerous postings going on, with basically same question(s) as yours, with many members giving their replies.

Yes. Same front disk brakes 1965-72. Same upper & lower control arms and ball joints too, the only difference being if the LCA has sway bar tabs they were different in 65-66. I don't know about the strut rods, but probably same. Another current post says the brake hose connection at the frame varied in 70+, so buy hoses for your year.

-
Back