Disc Brake cross-over?

-

Vic Storm

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a question, does anybody know if there is any cross over brake parts in Mopar. For instance Mustang II 9" front ends can fit the 11" Granada brake rotor and caliper(same spindle size) allowing you to up grade rather cheaply. Does mopar have anything like that? I would say to start by comparing spindle sizes in Mopar, where would one look to find out that information? Any thoughts guys?

most rwd spindles will bolt onto other rwd cars (A,B,E,F,M,and J bodys) however drum brake A bodys do use a different upper ball joint so you would nead A body disk brake uppers. some bigger B bodys in the late 70s (Magnum cordoba ect) had larger rotors, but still used the same spindle and caliper .they had a spacer to move the caliper bracket out an extra inch or so. there were 2 basic styles of caliper, one used pins to hold everything together, the other (more comin) design was the caliper sliding back and forth on the bracket. I do believe there were different sizes of pistons, and also some ceramic and some metallic pistons depending on the application.
obviously this is a brief explanation of front brake interchangability tell us what your wanting to do and hopefully we can help

-
Back