Disc Brake Hardware Kit Installation, HOW?

-

cybrtygr32

1967 Ratfish Fastback
Reaction score
How do the retainers go on to hold the calipers on? And, what are those rubber bands for in the kit? Thanks guys, all this stuff was apart when i obtained the swap items. Any pics would be appreciated. (swapping out drums to disc on 67 Barracuda, using 73 Duster disc.)

Those rubber bands I believe are there to keep the discs from being noisy; the kit I got from Right Stuff Detailing had them too and that was their purpose.

Thanks Dart, but what is the way to assemble the two piece metal retainers? The longer flat piece, I can see how it goes on, but the smaller piece, does it go on top or where/ thanks for your reply. Also, I have run into another problem on my conversion.

Barracuda (67) outer tie rods, big bucks and also left hand and right hand.

Duster (73) outer tie rods, cheap, but my parts guy ordered and they are both right hand threads. I looked on several parts supplier's websites and they don't show a left and right thread for a Duster outer tie rod. What gives. I thought they would work or interchange. (thanks for viewing a steering question on the brake forum.

-
Back