Disc brake pricing?

-

FomocoReformed

Reaction score
I'm currently collecting parts while my dart is getting its body work done. Since one day I will actually complete my project Im trying to track down what I need to convert from my 9" drums to BBP discs. My question is whether or not I should jump on these or not, so far I have found

A complete BBP disc setup, all freshly rebuilt and painted with new ball joints and hardware, everything except rotors and upper arms - $275

Set of both upper control arms, new manufacture/aftermarket w/ ball joints and bushings - $150

Are these good deals? From what I've been seeing this is only a little bit more than it would cost me to pull them from a yard and refurb all the parts myself.

Doesn't seem like a bad price. With time on your side you may possible be able to do better.

Things like spindle nuts, brake caliper bolts and brackets are often hard to find. So you really need to make sure everything is there. For that reason I like the ideal of pulling the parts off the car myself in some cases.

Think I paid $250-300 for 73 upper and lower arms and spindles with nice newer bushings and joints from a member here. Then I went to pick apart and bought the rest including rotors with bearings, calipers and brackets, brake pads, proporting valve for about $150 all in nice shape just needed cleaning.

This is everything that comes with, definitely has all the bolts and brackets and even the prop valve. I like that I don't have to do any cleaning/refinishing. I think it's a good deal for $275 I just want some other opinions.

Attachments

• brake parts.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 161
-
Back