Disc brakes.. 2 or 4 piston?

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I have a set of disc brakes from a 75 Dart, big bolt pattern, /6 auto. Anyone know if they are a 2 piston or 4 piston? How do I tell the difference? Or do you guys need pics?

Oh, alright. I'm just trying to figure out which master cylinder to order from Mancini for front discs, rear drums, and they give me the option of a master cylinder for 2 piston and a master cylinder for 4 piston.

I would use the one reccomended the one for the car they came off of. I mean get one from a local parts store? This what i did on my 69 converted to 74 LB disc.

Anyone know?
I looked at Mancini's website on the master cylinder. The copy is unclear because it does not state that they are dealing with aftermarket brake calipers. The statement that their sizing assumes that four piston calipers are being used on the rear wheels leads me to believe they are dealing with something like a Wildwood conversion.

Here is AutoZone's solution to what you are looking for. The benefit is that it will bolt up to existing lines without having to modify them.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...e=14400007&itemId=prod10595&parentId=cat10005

A 75 Dart would have a single piston set up, not 2 piston. The factory disc were 4 piston '72 and back, single piston 73 and up.

-
Back