disc brakes with out booster

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
ok so when i put my motor in and my headers in, it looks as if i will have a problem with the booster. so my question is can i run the cam i have xe274 with power disc brakes and no booster, or should i go to manual brakes???

DOublecheck your clearances. The bracket to mount the booster moves it up and toward the front

You cannot just unhook the booster and have 'manual' brakes. You need to get a manual front disc brake master cylinder.

You cannot just unhook the booster and have 'manual' brakes. You need to get a manual front disc brake master cylinder.

I went from power discs to manual discs and the same master cylinder works great.

You will need a master cylinder brake rod from a manual brake car or get an adjustable from Mopar or Summit Racing!

It may bolt on and it may work but, they list a different part number for manual and power brake master cylinders. So there is some difference in them.

Chuck

I went from power discs to manual discs and the same master cylinder works great.

You will need a master cylinder brake rod from a manual brake car or get an adjustable from Mopar or Summit Racing!

I spent a pretty penny on an adjustable brake rod and it was too big at any adjustment. and to get one through schucks or napa, you have to buy it packaged with a master cylinder

i just wanted to know if i can take the brake booster, and run power brakes with out it so i can run my cam

theres the master cylinder that holds fuild and then theres a big booster behind it thats gold that runs on vaccum off the motor. can i take the big gold booster off and just run the master cylinder because my cam wont have that much vaccum

That would make them manual brakes. Sure you can take it off if you want to. just make sure you have the right master for the system you are running.

ooo so if i take it off they will be manual, can i use the rod it has right now or will i need the manual rod? if i use the cylinder it has as is

You will need a different rod. Your rod you have now that connects to the brake pedal should be part of the booster. I got my master from AutoZone and it came with a rod, all ready attached.

TopHat

-
Back