disc brakes

-

93toyota

Reaction score
Is there a way that you can take the disc's and calipers from another car or truck and put them on a 71 duster?

That will also make your bolt pattern change to 4.5 so you will need new rims and new moser axles in the rear... 73 and up you need everything, spindells, rotors, calipers, proportioning valve, upper control arms.

Ya its alot more involved then just swaping over disk brakes,its what i like to call a labor of love!

It is way cheaper to find the A arms, spindles and por valve off of another car. you can buy everything else from the parts house new. And if your that deep into it you should put new ball joints on it. I just did it and the most expensive thing was the core charge for the old calipers. The new calipers came with everything like pads and the tin clip dohickies.LOL I got them for about $40 a piece and the core charge was $70 a piece. so needless to say, I took the old calipers in.

were you able to keep the 4" BC or did you upgrade to 4.5 BC. The reason I went for the kit is I wanted to keep the small 4" BC.

I went with the big bolt pattern. I plan on putting the big drums off of the C-Body we just took appart on the back end after sending the axles to moser to get shortened and resplined. This is actually my second time doing this to a dart. I like the big bolt pattern cause of the better options of wheels.

. I like the big bolt pattern cause of the better options of wheels.
Yes I would agree with that, on the Demon because I wanted to run the original wheels in went with MP disc kit. But on the 65 Cuda I'm goin with the 4.5 BC.

-
Back