Disc conversion

-

41husk

Reaction score
I have a 71 Duster manual drum brakes. I would like to swap to power front disc and leave the drums on the back. What all do I need and what would be the most economical way to go? Thanks!

Wilwood makes a conversion that alloows you to use your existing spindles and ends up being lighter than the factory disc setup.

73 and newer discs wil yield big bolt pattern.

<1973 will give you discs but the ever annoying tiny bolt pattern.

No mater which of these you go with if you do it RIGHT they all cost about the same.

Buy a donor car, use the brakes, sell the excess parts and then scrap the car is the least expensive way to do it if you can find a donor car to buy.

I got a full kit with everything through summit from a place called classic performance parts. It was expensive but it came with absolutely everything. Spindles, a-arms, lower ball joints, discs, calipers, brake line from the caliper, booster, master cylinder, fittings, proportioning valve (you get the idea). The only other thing I bought were new lines from the PV to the junction box and those fittings. Here is the link to one on summit that uses your stock spindles: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/clp-a6374cbk-s/overview/year/1971/make/plymouth/model/duster

This is the same kit I use on my cuda and once I got my rear drums sorted out I loved it. It works great!

-
Back