Disc Fitment help '73 Duster

-

Ben A...

Reaction score
Goal: I want to install a front disc kit.

Just picked this car up and I know very little-- Getting a little confused on measurement differences between 73' Dusters with discs and drum.

Originally a 1973 Duster w/ 225 and drum brakes
Currently has a 360 and I'm going to give it a bit more power -- street build.

It has has American Racing wheels - AR172 Baja
Which I believe are size: 15x? (7,8 or 10) pattern: 5x114.30
I dont know the offset or backspace because I cant measure the width of the rim.

I read that this kit is good, but will it fit? What other measurements factor in here...
PLYMOUTH DUSTER Wilwood Forged Dynalite Pro Series Front Disc Brake Kits 140-11023

Thank you for any help.
Ben

From what I read on the link it should fit with little to no problem, can't speak from experience as I have not used one before, but the description indicates as long as you have 10 inch drums currently and a 15" rim with a center hole of at least 3.05" you should have no trouble, will be a solid upgrade to the car too. It will increase the front track width slightly, about .4 to .5 inch total.

From what I read on the link it should fit with little to no problem, can't speak from experience as I have not used one before, but the description indicates as long as you have 10 inch drums currently and a 15" rim with a center hole of at least 3.05" you should have no trouble, will be a solid upgrade to the car too. It will increase the front track width slightly, about .4 to .5 inch total.
Perfect! Thank you.
Looking to do this now before I dive into the engine.

Just picked this car up and I know very little-- Getting a little confused on measurement differences between 73' Dusters with discs and drum.

I dont know the offset or backspace because I cant measure the width of the rim.

I read that this kit is good, but will it fit? What other measurements factor in here...
PLYMOUTH DUSTER Wilwood Forged Dynalite Pro Series Front Disc Brake Kits 140-11023

Thank you for any help.
Ben

That's the kit I have on my '70 duster installed fairly easy WELL worth the money spent:thumbsup::thumbsup:..

Thank you for any help.
Ben

If you have a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern its not original to a 4 wheel drum 73.
Check for wheel adapters, or you may already have discs.
Either way you have to know what you have before you order parts for it.
Different spindles, different kits.
For your use factory parts are a good option imo.

Thank you, Ive gotten mixed info on when the 5x4.5' came to be! I'll take a look. I certainly dont have disks tho :/

update: looks like i was getting my measurements from the wrong wheel online. thank you -- saved me

So I have a 73 Duster with front drums and 14" wheels with a 5x4" bolt pattern.
Summit and Wildwood recommend different kits on their website... Very torn here

Dont forget the factory disc brakes as an option.
I'm running them and they work excellent.

So I have a 73 Duster with front drums and 14" wheels with a 5x4" bolt pattern.
Summit and Wildwood recommend different kits on their website... Very torn here

Call Wilwood and tell them exately what your working with..one of the "best" upgrade I made on the duster they're not cheap(and neither am I) but well worth every penny spent:thumbsup::thumbsup:

-
Back