Disc MC on all Drums?

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
I know there are differences other then the reservoir size, but will it cause an issue if I use the aluminum MC off of a Dodge Van on an all drum setup? I am going to 4 wheel disc with time, but I was able to acquire the MC and the one I currently have on my car is rusted cast iron. If If I can swap it now without issue I will. I have the adapter plate and everything needed to mount it up. Any reason not too?

I know there are differences other then the reservoir size, but will it cause an issue if I use the aluminum MC off of a Dodge Van on an all drum setup? I am going to 4 wheel disc with time, but I was able to acquire the MC and the one I currently have on my car is rusted cast iron. If If I can swap it now without issue I will. I have the adapter plate and everything needed to mount it up. Any reason not too?

SO long as the piston is a 7/8 or 1" you'll be ok. Worst case scenario you'll need a adjustable brake pressure regulator.

I believe the factory truck/van was a factory 1 1/32 or 1 5/16" bore. One thing I should state is I am not happy with my pedal travel so if it's a little more sensitive that is ok.

-
Back