Disc options for 73-76 drum spindle???

-

Ol'forest

Reaction score
Hi all. What disc options are out there for the 73 to 76 drum spindles? AR Engineering doesn't show their swaps on their web site anymore, are there other options? What other calipers can be used and who does the mounts? The cheaper the better.
I'd think it would be easy to make an adaptor plate to mount any 2/4/6 piston set up, but I'd rather something tried and tested.

Hmmm, interesting kit, but I wonder why they use truck discs and a spindle/bearing adaptor? Aren't the later B body rotors a straight fit on to these spindles? The AR kit looked better, but Viper calipers aren't cheap either, any other ideas?

Hmmm, interesting kit, but I wonder why they use truck discs and a spindle/bearing adaptor? Aren't the later B body rotors a straight fit on to these spindles? The AR kit looked better, but Viper calipers aren't cheap either, any other ideas?

Truck rotors are 1.25" thick instead of 1". That's also the same thickness as viper rotors so the pads are proper without spacers.

IIRC the truck rotors are used because the thickness is within the Viper rotor's operating clamping range. If you use the 1" rotors, those pads may not contact the rotors.

Has anyone done the Viper Caliper Setup? I am Curious about it seems like a lot of $$

Has anyone done the Viper Caliper Setup? I am Curious about it seems like a lot of $$
I did, with dr diff's kit. 300 for calipers on ebay 100 for rotors 75 for EBC redstuff pads, its not expensive compared to ssbc or wiwood. it got expensive for me because i also went with tubular uppers and had to buy 73 spindles. i also turned the down the center hub to fit mustang wheels and added arp studs

Lakeeffect also did the conversion

OP dr diff has 4 other kits
http://www.doctordiff.com/10.95-front-disc-brake-kit.html
http://www.doctordiff.com/front-disc-brake-kit-for-11.75-on-disc-knuckles.html

these come with disk spindles

-
Back