Discount car stereo stuff in Canada

-

grassy

Reaction score
So I found this place in the states..orders more than 99.00, free shipping in the lower 48 so I thought, we live beside Maine so how much could it be..well, it was 211.00 on a 215.00 dollar order Yikes. Guess we are being you know what by the states..and calling us International shows that they have never looked at an atlas...

We are being gouged with our local suppliers like "best buy.." and a guy in Ontario that charges double the cost of product for shipping..was going to buy from him until I figured out where he is making the coin..

Is there any discount house in canada ..probably out west..or do I have to buy used to afford ?

Ian.

Hook your self up with a shipping receiving company at the nearest U.S. boader town to you.They will give you an address and charge you a buck or two a package.You can have it set up for them to e-mail or call you when it comes in, they will usually forward it to you by USPS at a much cheaper price.I just go down there pick it up and bring it across the boarder myself.

Roger

I use PACKAGE EXPRESS try googleing it at a decent size US boarder town near you.There are many and most will let you sign up free give you a US shipping address and charge a little amount for handling fees.UPS store (that I all ready paid them shipping) $10.00 small light package grab it off the shelf walk it 5 ft to me, the place I use now large heavy box $4.00.

sounds like you have it figured out megajolt. i know i'm in the same boat, so much great stuff for sale in the US but how to get it here? Owell hope you have some success grassy!

Well this week end I did pick up my Caltracs with mono springs used for only 25 runs no duty no tax not-ta (got them sent from MI from another member at moparts).I have property in the states so I usually stay over for 48 and bring back 400.00 bucks duty free, but I'm always over the limit I'm honesty with them and have been never charged anything in the last 10 yrs of bringing stuff back. This time the guy was an older dude and ask what the car parts were for told him my big block dart and we BSed about factory 383-440 darts for about 5 minutes lol

Did I hear you say that you would be willing to walk over the border with some packages for us :love7::love7::love7: ??

I am bidding on some stereo stuff that ends this sunday..if no joy, I will head down to teh states but I need to bring up bunches next spring to get the car on the road,,

BTW, I am only kidding about the above :) Wish I was close to the states,,,It is a 10 hour drive for me or a 2 hour plus boat..and our customs in NS are cranky..

Ian.

Ah NS I guess you are screwed, still try the shipping receiving company they will usually give you the option of shipping it to you but don't us UPS there brokage fees are criminal, if they will ship it USPS that is your best bet.

Roger

Yup..learned that one the hard way..the only use UPS..that usually rings a bell...

ian.

Hi Ian. There is a place in Calais Maine that you can get stuff shipped to. You still have to pay duty when you bring it across but it is usually cheaper than shipping to your door. I have done this myself with no problems. I have the name,address and phone number if you want it. Bobby

Generally, products that are made in the United States, Mexico, Chile and Costa Rica are duty free, but this is not always the case. Even experienced CBSA customs agents may have to go through hundreds of pages of detailed product descriptions to calculate the duty you owe before your return to Canada.If its made in Asia they will hit you up pretty good.

Here a site to check out

http://www.crossbordershopping.ca/content/view/duty-free-tax-tips-1/

If you still find it too expensive and your not in a hurry I could probably work something out with you.

Hi Ian. There is a place in Calais Maine that you can get stuff shipped to. You still have to pay duty when you bring it across but it is usually cheaper than shipping to your door. I have done this myself with no problems. I have the name,address and phone number if you want it. Bobby

Please ..I will PM ya..

Generally, products that are made in the United States, Mexico, Chile and Costa Rica are duty free, but this is not always the case. Even experienced CBSA customs agents may have to go through hundreds of pages of detailed product descriptions to calculate the duty you owe before your return to Canada.If its made in Asia they will hit you up pretty good.

Here a site to check out

http://www.crossbordershopping.ca/content/view/duty-free-tax-tips-1/

If you still find it too expensive and your not in a hurry I could probably work something out with you.

Thanks megajoltman but QWKSLVR, that man with an awesome barracuda, has fixed this problem with a addy in calias but thank you for that link.haddened seen it before...I know camera stuff is exempt if manufactured across the border.

With the equal dollar, now is the time to buy..

Ian.

Glad you got things worked out:cheers:

The deals on performance stuff down south is so hard to pass up

-
Back