Disgruntled student

-

03ramit1

Reaction score
Ok let me start off by saying I'm attending the class just for fun I'm not making a carrer out of it. Ita more just for me as a hobbiest tobecome better at what I love (building cars)

So back in July I started a welding program. Ithas 4 terms and covers mig TIG and stick. We are almost finished with the first term. And yesterday we were told that we could not stay in our class. And had to Eather go to a morning class evening class or go on to the third term them when finished go back to complete the second term. And them move on to the forth. I see this as a complete load of garbage. I wanted to see what you thought about forcing our class to devolve after spending months getting to know one another and getting used to the class. Now we only have 5 people and most classes are 16-25. I thought it was because of money, but they are already paying for everything wether we are a class or not. So I cannot see that as the issue. We are told that this is coming from the corporate office and there is nothing they can do. How would you guys handle this. Do I quitand find another program? Do I suck it up and move classes? Do I fight tooth and nail to keep the schedule that was agreed to at the time of admissions? I really wanna hear your opinions thanks.

Btw sorry for the rambling in on my phone and in a bit of a hurry.

In my experience, with class changes, there is not much you can do to fight it. Colleges are always changing schedules or requirements; I have never seen anyone successfully fight the change.

A similar thing happened to my welding class....requirements changed and it was broken down into more classes....Luckily I finished just before the new req's.

If you want to have access to their equipment and knowledge you will need to play their game.

Thanks for the thoughts. That's what I'm worried about. It's complete garbage.
of.

Learn welding from an old fart and then get certified.

Lol true but the school is paid for through the VA and I get a nice housing allowance to boot. I plan on opening up my own business and the piece of paper looks good for business loans.

-
Back