disk brake changeover

-

schmoe12345

66 cuda'
Reaction score
another fabo member has a set of 75 dodge dart disk brakes, calipers, rotors, upper a arms. can someone tell me, will this fit my 1966 ply barracuda. currently i have manual drum brakes. thanks guys (and gals)

Yes, the 73-76 upper control arms and spindles, and brake stuff will work no problem on any 63-72 A-body drum brake car.

It all bolted up to my '66 Valiant. A '74 Charger manual disc brake master cylinder gives you a good pedal. Don't forget to get the proportioning valve off the Dart.

I'd recommend an aftermarket adjustable proportioning valve for correct front/rear bias.

it will bolt up, but if its a single piston caliper set up you will wind up with 5X4 1/2" big bolt circle in front and 5X4" small bolt circle in back so your old front rims wont fit, it will also widen your front track as the late disk brake set up is a little bit wider than the drum brakes or early small bold disk's

thanks guys, i think i will go with it, i am looking to go to the 5 x 4.5 rotors for better wheel selection anyway, and a wider track will look nice, thanksl

-
Back