Distance

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
Using TTI engine mounts, this is the engine mounted on the stock v8 k-frame. I was wondering if anyone had the distance shown in the photo? I am centering my engine and was hoping to get it lower than this height, I have the engine where I think I am happy with it but I would like to compare the heights.

Does anyone have this measurement?

measurement-1.jpg

Cheers, Hughesy.

I asked that same question a while back. It's 4 5/8 inches from cent of crank bolt to top of k frame. trial Has it listed in there footnotes for a or b and e body by years and k member style. When I found it I thought it would be great for a sticky.

I asked that same question a while back. It's 4 5/8 inches from cent of crank bolt to top of k frame. trial Has it listed in there footnotes for a or b and e body by years and k member style. When I found it I thought it would be great for a sticky.

I'm surprised its only 4 5/8 inches, I thought it would be more than that. Looks it in my picture, obviously the type of insulators you use would play a bit of a difference but even so I would think it's still more than that. Do you have this link you mentioned??

Cheers.

Gen 3 Hemi Crate Engines (5.7L, 6.1L, 6.4L) / 62-65 B-body applications with spool mounts: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 6-3/8" (to be determined). The engine is also offset towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail, the difference should be 2-1/2" (to be determined).

63-66 "A"-body applications: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 4-3/4”. The engine is also offset 5/8" towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail, the difference should be 1-1/4”.

62-65 "B"-body applications: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 5-1/4”. The engine is also offset towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail. The difference should be 3”.

67-76 "A"-body / 66-74 "B"-body / 70-74 "E"-body applications: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 5-1/4”. The engine is also offset towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail. The difference should be 2-1/2”.

65-73 "C"-body applications: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 5-1/4”. The engine is also offset towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail. The difference should be 3-1/2”.
gines (5.7L, 6.1L, 6.4L) / 67-76 A-body / 66-74 B-body / 70-74 E-body applications: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 5-5/8” for A-bodies (5-7/8” with spool mounts) and 5-3/8” for B&E-bodies (6” with spool mounts). The engine is also offset towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail, the difference should be 3-1/4” for A-bodies (2-3/8” with spool mounts) and 2-1/2” for B&E-bodies

Cheers mate, 5 5/8 not 4 5/8, makes more sense now.

:cheers:

Gen 3 Hemi Crate Engines (5.7L, 6.1L, 6.4L) / 62-65 B-body applications with spool mounts: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 6-3/8" (to be determined). The engine is also offset towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail, the difference should be 2-1/2" (to be determined).

63-66 "A"-body applications: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 4-3/4”. The engine is also offset 5/8" towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail, the difference should be 1-1/4”.

62-65 "B"-body applications: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 5-1/4”. The engine is also offset towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail. The difference should be 3”.

67-76 "A"-body / 66-74 "B"-body / 70-74 "E"-body applications: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 5-1/4”. The engine is also offset towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail. The difference should be 2-1/2”.

65-73 "C"-body applications: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 5-1/4”. The engine is also offset towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail. The difference should be 3-1/2”.
gines (5.7L, 6.1L, 6.4L) / 67-76 A-body / 66-74 B-body / 70-74 E-body applications: From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame, the correct distance is 5-5/8” for A-bodies (5-7/8” with spool mounts) and 5-3/8” for B&E-bodies (6” with spool mounts). The engine is also offset towards the passenger-side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to each frame rail, the difference should be 3-1/4” for A-bodies (2-3/8” with spool mounts) and 2-1/2” for B&E-bodies

-
Back