distributer question

-

jack colv

Reaction score
I have a 1973 340ci la engine was given a new accel dual point with engine #34301V my wiring has a 2 wire connector the Dist. only has a stud is there a wire harness for this dist. to fit my wiring harness?

Your harness is for electronic ignition- the Accell distributor is points style (dual points...). To do it right would entail eliminating the ECU and it's associated wiring and rewiring for points. You could tap into the IGN1 and IGN2 circuits, install a different ballast resistor for points (different values from electronic ign), basically "retro-wiring" the ignition to pre-electronic form. I honestly don't know why you'd want to do this, though. Just get an electronic distributor and drop it in, and sell the Accell.

Thanks for the info I am going to do what you suggested buy a new dist. Thanks again

Your harness is for electronic ignition- the Accell distributor is points style (dual points...). To do it right would entail eliminating the ECU and it's associated wiring and rewiring for points. You could tap into the IGN1 and IGN2 circuits, install a different ballast resistor for points (different values from electronic ign), basically "retro-wiring" the ignition to pre-electronic form. I honestly don't know why you'd want to do this, though. Just get an electronic distributor and drop it in, and sell the Accell.
He is spot on. If needed I have a ton of rebuilt distributors. need alot more info for the right curve.

-
Back