Status
Not open for further replies.

dragracer

Gearhead
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for aftermarket distributor. Just seeing if any are out there before I order. 340 car

Looking for a 4spd and pedal assy. A Body 68 Dart

I'm in Indiana

Oops.

Bought the built 904 out the car I just bought.

Still entertaining a 4spd depending on cost.

Plan on about $3500 to $4,000 to convert to a 4 speed. I have a 69 340 Fastback Barracuda that used to be a floor shift automatic, but I wanted a 4 speed. I got REALLY lucky and found a rough but running 340 4 speed 69 Barracuda fastback with a console and ALL necessary (and correct) 4 speed parts. I pulled all the 4 speed stuff, and by the time I parted out the rest of the donor can, and sold my perfectly good 727 and console, I made money on the deal. But unless you get really lucky, it will cost you. Plus you have to weld in a 4 speed hump. Brewer's performance has EVERYTHING you need and they are wonderful to work with. The actual conversion is not too difficult. A competent shade tree mechanic can co it in a few weekends.

Yea, I won't put that kind of money in a stock 4spd setup. If I can get lucky and find a 4spd car for the pedal assy. I've found just the trans, it's the other stuff that adds up.

I personally will make the z bar and mounts. Already have a bellhousing setup. Stock zbars never hold up to big pressure plates. In my experience anyways. All my A body cars except one were 4 spds.

I need to go back in time!! And get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back