Distributor Choice Help

-

Muscle72

Reaction score
Hey Mopar friends, I am needing a distributor for my small block 418 stroker build. I am stuck between the MSD Ready Run pn-8388 and the Digital E-Curve pn-8504. Anyone have any input on either of these? Motor will be a 550 hp mostly street driven 72 Challenger. Thanks I was trying to stay away from the MSD Box.

Hey Mopar friends, I am needing a distributor for my small block 418 stroker build. I am stuck between the MSD Ready Run pn-8388 and the Digital E-Curve pn-8504. Anyone have any input on either of these? Motor will be a 550 hp mostly street driven 72 Challenger. Thanks I was trying to stay away from the MSD Box.
The problem i found with the vac advance msd dist is if your motor has 15" of vac like mine it adds 20 degrees of timing which is to much when you add your total timing and your vac advance.There is no way to adjust it like other vac advance dist

No problems with the 8388 on my 318. Have no experience on the e curve style. Granted my 318 is in no way a 500hp small block, but it was probably the best upgrade to my motor so far

you can change the vacuum canister.... go for a GM pointsDistributor vacuum canister..from ACCEL this one works together with the MSD Ready to run distributor.. and is fully adjustible...

Greetings Juergen

-
Back