Distributor

-

F21

Reaction score
Hey just wondering is anybody running a speed master distributor

Any issues and are you running a Mopar controller or MSD?

Any issues and are you running a Mopar controller or MSD?
I got the kind with the electronic module already in it. I did have to clearance the teeth on the rotor as it went around. I can feel it binding and when I looked inside of it the little pointers were touching. I just reached in there and sanded them down just a tick and all has been well. I even got one of their coils.. also got a set of spark plug wires, an entire 21 circuit wiring kit, and a starter for $250 on Black Friday... The only thing that didn't work well actually it worked too well lol was the starter.. and where I say it work too well it was stuck in start mode... I ended up doing what I planned on doing all along and going to the junkyard and getting one out of Magnum.. those factory magnum mini starters are just about bulletproof.. I have one in my duster and it replaced an auto store one that only lasted about 6 months. My wife's Durango has 180,000 mi and my truck has over 150,000 mi and both have their original magnum starters...

Also I should say the spark plug wires were way too big and long. I ended up just reselling them to a customer of mine with a Ford truck. I think that's what they were for to begin with. I ended up using a set of MSD wires that I previously had on my duster...

-
Back