DIY Septic

-

65BCODA

Reaction score
For anyone interested.......This is not a legaly installed system, but if you happen to live in an area that does not have nosey assinine neighbors that mind their own, this just may work for a back door illeagally installed shitter
Recently decided to install a functioning bath at the shop, wife says she's tired of peeing on her heels........

1st tank receives solids, overflows into secondary tank, inturn runs to 20' of infiltrater pipe. Cleanout installed for removal of solids if ever a problem.

Attachments

• IMG_2164 (Small).JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_2165 (Small).JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_2169 (Small).JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 928
I assume thats 2 metal tanks? you may wanna check with your local law pretty sure thats not legal since the waste could end up outside the barrels!

why not spring for a fiberglass tank? there half the price of cement and legal!

Looks like all sand material. Any reason why the system looks deep ? Just curious, I hold a installers license in Ct., nothing like the rocky New England soils we have around here. Good luck to you. Are the barrels something you put together or bought ready made for this purpose ?

Looks good to me. Legal NO but I won't tell. The barrels look plastic steel wouldn't last a year. Buying a septic tank in florida is hard to do without permits and perk test. Back fill it before inspector sees it.

Plastic drums 55 gal not metal...Waste was ending up "outside" to start with LOL.....spring for what? Drums are free.... No permit for shop why start now?....

Joe, Yes, sandy material built into hill, grade drops about 4 ft from slab, approx 2' coverage over field.

No inspector in my neck of the world........

Thanks 67, covered right after the pics......

OK added disclaimer for the nay sayers

Will most likely work OK but would not get away with it in NY. Code enforcement would be all over you here.

Just have to no one thing to do plumbing --**** flows downhill!!!!!!!! Nice small easy system good for you!!!!!!!!

It'll be/work fine.

The old plumbers adage is : **** runs down hill and don't
bite your fingernails.

I use those same drums for a floating dock. Just a warning the white caps are the weak spot.
They crack and split. I have to constantly install new ones on the dock. You may want to look for an alternative for them or put a piece of thick plastic over them to keep dirt ect out when they split. Actual pieces fall out from the center of it

I think it will work for you, since you said it was mostly going to be used for showering, so alot of water will go thru it.
Just be sure to use some septic system bacterial chemicals every once in a while to keep it clean.

Never gave thought to the white plugs other than making sure they were tight, seeing as they are not exposed to the UV rays maybe they will last............

It will be nice for the women folk at cookouts to not have to squat and for the occaisional "Black Magic Feeling".......

Besides its nice to have a fall back position if the wife gets out of hand.

brilliant! thanks for next summers project for my shop, the wife will be so relieved. regarding the barrel bungs, if you can get some metal ones from a metal barrel they will be the same thread as the plastic ones in most cases or you could use standard pipe plugs (again same thread as the standard bung) as they would last longer underground than either style of bung.

-
Back